Man Dies In Redwood City RV Fire (PHOTO)
(BANT) – Redwood City fire officials say a 52-year-old man died early Sunday morning after his RV caught fire in the North Fair Oaks neighborhood of Redwood City.
Fire Chief Harold Schapelhouman said both Menlo Park and Redwood City firefighters responded to 3190 Park Road just before 6 a.m. on reports smoke coming from a garage.
Crews found that the smoke was coming from an older RV parked next to the garage. Firefighters extinguished the fire within minutes and found the unconscious man in the back in full cardiac arrest.
A large hole was cut into the side of the RV to extricate the victim, and first responders performed CPR but to no avail. The man was taken to a nearby hospital where he was pronounced dead.
Menlo Park Fire investigators determined that a severely pinched extension cord that was run for power through the driver’s side door likely caused the fire.
The name of the victim has not yet been released.