Posted by on July 16, 2017 11:54 am
Tags:
Categories: Bay Area + California

Phil Matier and state senator Jerry Hill (D-San Mateo) discuss a proposal to raise bridge tolls in the Bay Area by $3 to fund various infrastructure projects.

5 responses to Lawmakers Look to Increase Bay Area Bridge Tolls by $3, More in Future (VIDEO)

1. Robert Larkin July 16th, 2017 at 2:25 pm

Do you know it already costs $22.00 to cross the Golden Gate if you are towing a trailer?

2. Tom Steele July 16th, 2017 at 5:39 pm

Why is anyone surprised? If you keep letting California politicians raise every tax they can while letting the state fall apart and then try and make you think they are doing a great job while we live in one of the highest taxed states with a world leading economy. The truth is they are slowly running this state into the ground. And no amount of money will change it. Because they don’t represent us, they represent themselves and the rich. That’s why they build freeways with toll lanes so people with money can fly by you. And they say things like “we are going to raise the minimum wage for you”. Then they get more in taxes and raise the bridge toll to get back what they act like they are giving you. And they have nothing to worry about – they will pass some law that changes nothing, but sounds good , and you will re-elect them.

3. tom July 17th, 2017 at 12:07 pm

That’s what happens when Democrats Rule! You get what you vote for.

4. Dewey's Mom July 17th, 2017 at 10:02 pm

I don’t re-elect them but apparently a lot of uninformed people do?!
    Now we can spend thousands more a year to buy gas, to register our vehicles, to cross a bridge, to ride BART, to use a skateboard, ride a bike, drink water, eat Cheerios, take a breath, open our eyes in the morning and, God forbid, die! All thanks to our one part government!

5. Archie July 19th, 2017 at 1:01 pm

The comments here have nailed it. One party rule. Democrats. They are literally destroying the state where I was born and where I grew up. The liberals motto is clearly, “We never tire spending other people’s money!”I’m retired and can’t afford to relocate, but I would if I could. Certainly to a red state. I use to be proud to say I was a native Californian. No longer. Tax and regulation He’ll and the social morals of Sodom and Gamorrah