Posted by on February 16, 2017 1:28 pm
Tags:
Categories: Oakland + East Bay

(BANT) – Reports of a natural gas leak inside an Alameda residence this morning appear to be unfounded but firefighters found a different unidentified substance inside, officials said.

A possible gas leak was reported at 10:28 a.m. inside a residence in the area of 700 Central Ave., according to Alameda Fire Capt. Jim Colburn.

PG&E crews responded to the home but did not detect any gas in the air. As a precaution, firefighters asked them to shut the gas off for the home and PG&E crews remain in the area to assist, PG&E spokeswoman Tamar
Sarkissian said.

Firefighters found a small amount of a solid unknown substance inside the residence and called in a hazardous materials team to assist them, according to Colburn.