Customers Evacuated After Fire Breaks Out at Union City Restaurant
Patrons and employees evacuated a Union City restaurant this
afternoon after a water heater reportedly caught fire, according to the
Alameda County Fire Department.
Firefighters responded to the blaze at Gerry’s Grill at 31005
Courthouse Drive at about 4:30 p.m.
The restaurant’s sprinkler system was able to extinguish the fire,
which was contained to the back of the restaurant near the water heater. The
fire extended into part of the wall but did not spread to the inside of the
wall, fire officials said.
No one was injured in the fire.
The restaurant sustained minor damage and has temporarily closed,
fire officials said.
According to the restaurant’s web page, Gerry’s Grill specializes
in Filipino cuisine.