Posted by on September 20, 2017 12:50 pm
Tags:
Categories: San Jose + South Bay

(BayAreaNewsTalk.com) – A construction worker was shocked by a live wire in San Jose this morning, a fire department spokesman said.

Firefighters responded at 9:55 a.m. to the area of Kiely Boulevard and Norwalk Drive behind the Lion Supermarket, San Jose fire spokesman Joshua Padron said.

A worker was doing underground construction when he apparently hit a live wire. The worker, described as a 40-year-old man, was taken to Santa Clara Valley Medical Center and Padron did not immediately have information on the extent of his injuries.

PG&E crews responded and isolated the wire and the scene was declared under control in about an hour, according to Padron.

No other information about the incident was immediately available.